Connect with us

fun

Victoria’s Secret apologises for transgender comments

Victoria's Secret chief marketing officer has apologised for saying transgender models should n..

Victoria's Secret chief marketing officer has apologised for saying transgender models should not be included in the brand's annual shows.

Ed Razek, who was discussing diversity in an interview with Vogue magazine, has since said his remarks were "insensitive".

The US lingerie brand's 2018 showcase took place in New York on 8 November, and featured models including Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner.

Mr Razek, who was part of the casting team, told Vogue he had considered putting transgender and plus-sized models in the show.

Image: Kendall Jenner at the Victoria's Secret show

He added that he didn't because the company "did not market to the whole world".

Mr Razek went on to say: "Does the brand think about diversity? Yes.

"Do we offer larger sizes? Yes."

Please read this important message from Ed Razek, Chief Marketing Officer, L Brands (parent company of Victorias Secret). pic.twitter.com/CW8BztmOaM

— Victoria's Secret (@VictoriasSecret) November 10, 2018

He added: "(People ask) shouldn't you have transsexuals in the show? No. No, I don't think we should… the show is a fantasy.

"It's a 42-minute entertainment special.

"That's what it is.

"It is the only one of its kind in the world."

His comments come as Victoria's Secret has experienced falling sales since 2016.

After the remarks attracted a backlash on social media, the brand tweeted an apology from Mr Razek.

It read: "My remark regarding the inclusion of transgender models in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show came across as insensitive.

"I apologise.

"To be clear, we absolutely would cast a transgender model for the show.

More from World

"We've had transgender models come to castings… And like many others, they didn't make it… But it was never about gender."

Victoria's Secret was found in 1977 and is said to have operate more than 1,000 stores across the world.

Original Article

Continue Reading

fun

Game Of Thrones trailer and final series date revealed

Game Of Thrones will return for its eighth and final series in April next year, HBO has confirmed in..

Game Of Thrones will return for its eighth and final series in April next year, HBO has confirmed in a new teaser trailer for the show.

A clip announcing the return of the hit series, which first aired in 2011, features the tagline: "For The Throne."

While few details are revealed, the video shows key moments from past series and lets fans know when they can expect to see the much anticipated final season, which will be broadcast in the UK on Sky Atlantic and Now TV.

Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage will reprise their roles as Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister, while Lena Headey will return to face them as the key antagonist, Cersei Lannister.

Speaking backstage at the Emmys in September, the show's boss David Benioff said the final season took a long time to make "because it's the biggest thing we've ever done".

"Even though it's six episodes, it was nearly a full year in Belfast either prepping it or shooting it," he said.

"It's quite extraordinary what the crew and the actors created, and I think when people see it they'll understand why it took so long.

"No one's going on vacation or slacking off, it's just that last season is far beyond what we've ever attempted before, and it is taking a really f****** long time – and I hope it will be worth it."

More from Game Of Thrones

By the time the season airs it will be almost two years since the seventh series of the show, based on George RR Martin's book series A Song of Ice and Fire, was broadcast in summer 2017.

Earlier this year, HBO revealed it was moving ahead with a Game of Thrones prequel set thousands of years before the events of the TV show, and that it would be the first of five potential spin-off projects. (more…)

Continue Reading

fun

German Playboy regrets ‘misquoting’ composer Ennio Morricone

German Playboy has distanced itself from an interview with Ennio Morricone after it quoted the Itali..

German Playboy has distanced itself from an interview with Ennio Morricone after it quoted the Italian composer referring to Quentin Tarantino as a "cretin".

The German edition of the men's magazine says a freelance reporter may have misquoted the legendary 90-year-old film composer in its latest edition.

The interview, published last week, quoted Morricone referring to the US film director as a "cretin" who stole ideas from others.

He was also quoted as saying the Oscars ceremony was "boring".

Morricone, who won an Oscar in 2016 for the music for Tarantino's film The Hateful Eight, has vehemently denied criticising the director, his films or the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

"I consider Tarantino a great director," Morricone said.

He also credited their collaboration for his Oscar success, "which is for sure one of the greatest acknowledgements of my career, and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to compose music for his film".

German Playboy, which is published by Munich-based Hubert Burda Media, said that "up to now, we have considered the freelancer who conducted the Ennio Morricone interview on our behalf to be a renowned print and radio journalist".

Florian Boitin, the magazine's editor-in-chief, said in a statement: "Based on the information now at our disposal, we must unfortunately assume that the words spoken in the interview have, in part, been reproduced incorrectly.

More from World

"We would like to express our regret should Mr Morricone have been portrayed in a false light," he added. (more…)

Continue Reading

fun

Dave Grohl takes food to California firefighters

Firefighters in Calabasas, near Los Angeles, posted a picture on Instagram thanking the Foo Fighters..

Firefighters in Calabasas, near Los Angeles, posted a picture on Instagram thanking the Foo Fighters frontman.

Image: Dave Grohl has taken food to firefighters in California

Dave Grohl has once again demonstrated his good guy credentials, taking food to hungry firefighters working to tackle wildfires in California.

The Foo Fighters frontman took barbecue meats to feed the crew at Fire Station 68 in Calabasas, near Los Angeles, on Monday night.

In a post on Instagram, the firefighters, who have been battling the Woolsey fire – one of several that have caused devastation in the state – thanked the musician, saying: "It was awesome to get a visit tonight from Dave Grohl of the @foofighters.

"He also treated us to some of his own @backbeatbbq. Thanks Dave! It was excellent!"

Firefighters have been struggling against the wind-fuelled southern California wildfire, which stretches from north of Los Angeles to the Pacific Ocean.

More than 40 people have been killed in the fires.

Posted in:

Original Article (more…)

Continue Reading

Trending