Lt. John Corina, of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's homicide bureau, said in a press conference Monday that the details Wagner has offered up on the fateful night "really don't add up to what we've found." "He's a person of interest because he's the last person with her before she went in the water," said Corina. "This is a suspicious death investigation. We want to know what happened from the time of the argument to when she got into the water."CNN's calls to a representative for Wagner were not immediately returned.Corina added that Wagner is not obligated by law to speak with investigators, but said "we're closer to understanding what happened, I think." Last week, authorities said they were investigating the "Rebel Without a Cause" star's death as "suspicious" after new witnesses came forward. Wood drowned in November 1981 while boating off Catalina Island in Southern California with husband Robert Wagner and friend Christopher Walken. She was 43 at the time.In his 2009 book, Wagner wrote that during his trip with Wood and Walken, he became jealous and argued with both of them. Later, Wagner, unable to find his wife, searched the boat along with the captain and noticed the dinghy was missing. Wagner assumed his wife had gone ashore, he wrote.The dinghy was found about a mile from the yacht and a mile from where Wood's drowned body was found.In 2012, the Los Angeles County coroner's office changed the cause of death from "accidental drowning" to "drowning and other undetermined factors." Officials later cited the presence of bruises on Wood's body as the reason for the change. Corina said they are making a public appeal for more witnesses to come forward with any information.
A career and life cut short
Wood started acting as a child, co-starring in the 1947 classic Christmas film "Miracle on 34th Street." She was one of Hollywood's most respected actresses, appearing in iconic films like "West Side Story" and "Rebel Without a Cause" and "Splendor in the Grass."In a 2009, The Daily Mail published an excerpt of Wagner's biography, "Pieces Of My Heart: A Life," in which he recalled Wood's memory of the two actors first meeting in the hallway of a studio where they both were filming.Wood was 10 years old and Wagner was 18."She always told me we didn't speak but that I smiled," he wrote. "Later, Natalie told her mother she would marry me. She did — twice."The pair began dating when Wood was 18 and married in 1957. They divorced in 1962 and Wood later married British producer Richard Gregson and gave birth to a daughter, Natasha, in 1970.She and Gregson split the following year, she reunited with Wagner in 1972 and they remarried.Wood gave birth to their daughter Courtney in 1974. In 2016, Wagner opened up to People about his bond with Natasha (who was raised with his daughter) and how difficult life had been after the death of Wood."You just take it moment by moment and hope that it gets better and more light comes into her life. As an adult and as a man, I could not climb into (Natasha's) head. All you can do is truly love and care for them."
007 film must treat Bond girls properly, says Waller-Bridge
Fast cars, martinis and Bond girls are core parts of the formula for 007 films, but one of those ele..
Fast cars, martinis and Bond girls are core parts of the formula for 007 films, but one of those elements is set for a change in the latest adventure.
Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who is working on the script for the 25th Bond film, is on a mission to make sure the movie will "treat women properly" – even if the spy does not.
Ahead of the release of the as-yet-untitled film, Waller-Bridge told Deadline: "There's been a lot of talk about whether or not (the Bond franchise) is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women.
"I think that's b*******. I think he's absolutely relevant now. It has just got to grow.
"It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly.
"He doesn't have to. He needs to be true to this character."
Waller-Bridge says she intends to ensure the female characters, including those played by Lashana Lynch, Lea Seydoux and Ana de Armas, feel "like real people ".
More from Phoebe Waller-bridge
She added: "I just want to make sure that when they get those pages through, that Lashana, Lea and Ana open them and go, 'I can't wait to do that'.
Sir Elton hits out at Russia for ‘cruel’ Rocketman censorship
Sir Elton John has criticised Russian censors for cutting gay sex scenes from the hit musical biopic..
Sir Elton John has criticised Russian censors for cutting gay sex scenes from the hit musical biopic Rocketman.
The critically acclaimed film charts the British singer's rise to fame, and its scenes of kissing and sex between men, as well as drug use, contributed to it earning a 15 certificate in the UK.
But in a bid to play down the sexuality of Sir Elton, played by actor Taron Egerton, for a conservative Russian audience, an estimated five minutes of footage was reportedly removed ahead of its debut in Moscow.
The Moscow Times quoted a Russian film critic who had seen the film at its world premiere in Cannes on 16 May as saying "all scenes with kissing, sex and oral sex between men have been cut", as well as a photo displayed during the end credits featuring Sir Elton and his husband David Furnish.
Sir Elton, 72, a prominent gay rights campaigner, released a joint statement with the makers of the film to accuse censors of being "cruelly unaccepting of the love between two people".
"We reject in the strongest possible terms the decision to pander to local laws and censor Rocketman for the Russian market, a move we were unaware of until today," they said.
"That the local distributor has edited out certain scenes, denying the audience the opportunity to see the film as it was intended, is a sad reflection of the divided world we still live in and how it can still be so cruelly unaccepting of the love between two people.
More from Elton John
"We believe in building bridges and open dialogue, and will continue to pushRead More – Source
Ben Affleck steps out to drop off kids as Robert Pattinson is announced as new Batman
Ben Affleck played Batman until earlier this year (Picture: Backgrid)
Ben Affleck has been pictured ..
Ben Affleck has been pictured performing his parental duties in Los Angeles, as his official replacement in the Batman role is announced.
The 46-year-old actor was seen in the early hours on Friday (31 May) dropping off son Samuel, seven, and daughter Seraphina, 10, to school.
Affleck has three children with ex-wife Jennifer Garner – Seraphina, Samuel and 13-year-old Violet.
On the same day the actor was pictured, it was announced Robert Pattinson will take over as Batman in a planned trilogy of movies with director Matt Reeves.
Affleck, who played Bruce Wayne in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and 2017s Justice League, stepped down from the role in January earlier this year – after being originally down to direct and star in his own film.
More: Ben Affleck
Speaking about his departure in March, Affleck stated how he was never happy with the script they were planning to use.
We worked on the script, I was trying to figure out how to cRead More – Source
Australia3 years ago
Button and Diane Powellpark the school bus after three decades
Australia3 years ago
60th Annual Louth Cup 2018 | Photos
Australia3 years ago
A good attendance for planning ahead
Australia4 years ago
Severe, unusual weather likely to cause damage
Australia3 years ago
Ten ways to scrap plastic without breaking the bank
World4 years ago
Сhinese navy jets master daring night maneuvers on aircraft carrier (VIDEO)
World3 years ago
Know-how: Canadian hospital first to сure patients with virtual reality
fun4 years ago
Will Gompertz reviews Lin-Manuel Miranda’s musical Hamilton ★★★★★